A simple and lightweight implementation of multiplayer chess, written in Python using Pygame and python-chess libraries. Supports multiplayer over TCP protocol. Client-server architecture (one player hosts the server, the other player connects).
- default server port is 1337 (if none is specified)
- button to resign shows up when hovering the bottom right corner
- match notations in .pgn format are currently saved only at the hosting player
- chess clock currently not supported
- game could be full of bugs and oversights
You can download the game here (python source files, uncompiled).
Chess piece assets released under BSD license. Source code and other assets released under ZLIB license.
Requirements: pygame, chess, unidecode libraries.
Visit project page on pygame.org.
Visit my homepage (in czech).